Ice Show Volunteers
The success of our ice show depends upon parent volunteers. Volunteers assist in many areas including supervising CanSkate groups, selling refreshments, crowd control and decorations.If you can assist us in anyway with our show, please let us know by signing up (with your skater's ice show registration) or stopping by our office. Volunteer schedule and information packages will be distributed during our Winter session.
Volunteers for this year's ice show are required in the following areas:
- Group Captains (2 per group)
- 50/50 tickets
- Ice Captains
If you are interested, please contact our office during your skater's next ice show rehearsal.
CanSkate Group Volunteers
We need volunteers to assist with each group of CanSkaters for the show. We would like to have 2 parents per group. You will be placed in your child's group. A detailed list of each group is attached. Please let us know if you are interested. Here is a list of your responsibilities should you wish to be a volunteer:
For the Dress Rehearsal:
Check into Club office for group name sheets for attendance. Get basket with double sided tape, pins, etc to help with costumes. Other Club Volunteers will be in the stands/dressing rooms to help you.
* Work with other parents to make sure all the skaters costume are complete and all accessories are properly secured to the helmets, and costumes are not too long to cause a tripping hazard, etc.
* All groups will have their pictures taken during this practice. Your group will go before or after their practice. You will escort them to the picture area.
Day of the show:
* Remind skaters to go to the bathroom before their parent leaves.
* Make sure they have full costume and mitts while waiting in the dressing rooms.
* Once group timeslot is ready, bring them to the skaters to the ice for their performance.
* Bring skaters back to the dressing rooms after their performance.
* Wait with skaters in the dressing room until intermission or end of show for parents to collect them.
* Sign skaters in and out
Parents please note:
ONLY Volunteers are allowed in the Canskate dressing rooms during the show. If you choose to volunteer, you will only need to sit in the CanSkate dressing room for the half of the show that your skater is in. You will get to your skater during their performane, but will miss the remainder of that half of the show. All Canskaters will be assigned to either the first half or second half of the show. Canskaters will sit with their parents for the half of the show that they are not in.
o Only 1 parent/guardian per skater will be allowed in the dressing rooms while skaters are getting ready, once they are ready, parents must leave the dressing room and your child will be in good hands with the group volunteers.
o Parents are not permitted in the canskate seating or backstage during the show, UNLESS they are a group volunteer. Parents cannot pick up their child early.
o All skaters must be in their designated dressing rooms before the show (30 mins).
o Skaters will remain in the skater stands for the half of the show that they are performing in. We will switch groups at intermission, and more details will follow on the exact procedure for the day.
*All volunteers still require a ticket to the show, as you will be in the stands watching the show.
For any Canskate or StarSkate Parents who wish to volunteer for the entire show, we can offer you a volunteer pass. However should anyone wish to do this, you will not be able to sit or stand in the spectator sold ticket areas during the show. This is would mean that you are backstage during the show, or assigned to a specific area during the entire show. Please let us know if you are interested in volunteering for the show or if you would like to be a parent volunteer for your child's group.