CBS Skater Code of Conduct
As Skate Canada member, the CBS Skating Club is committed to ensuring that all skaters have the opportunity to participate in a safe and welcoming environment that is encouraging, respectful and promotes their overall development.
Skaters are expected to adhere to the rules listed below while participating in any club-sponsored function including competitions, practices, travel and social activities:
- I will show respect to all athletes, parents, officials, coaches, volunteers and stadium staff at all times.
- I will not use foul language.
- I will not engage in any form of harassment against other athletes, coaches, parents or officials.
- I will not engage in destructive gossip regarding coaches, staff, parents, athletes or officials.
- I will not use banned substances, illegal drugs, and alcohol or tobacco products.
- I will not break any laws.
- I will not engage in any activities that could endanger or hinder other athletes, or cause damage to property.
- I will not leave practice or CBS Skating Clubf functions without permission from the coach, official or chaperone.
- I will listen to my coach.
- I will know my practice schedule and will be on time. This means being at the rink at least 10 minutes before practice starts.
- I will help with set-up and clean up as requested by my coach.
- I will bring the required equipment to practice as outlined by my coach.
- To avoid de-hydration, I will bring a bottle of water to practice and competitions.
- I will maintain a healthy lifestyle, avoiding junk food and ensuring I get enough rest.
- When travelling for competitons, I will follow rules outlined by the coaches and chaperones.
- Internet websites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube, on which people socialize and exchange information, shall not be used to post remarks or pictures that can be considered inflammatory, degrading, or in poor taste toward any other student athlete (CBS Skater or otherwise), coach or volunteer.
- I will have fun and promise to advise my coach or parents if this isn’t the case.
- I am representing the CBS Skating Club and will always support my team and be a positive role model.
I am aware that failure to fulfill these obligations could result in dismissal from practices, up to and including termination of membership.