CanPowerSkate Coach Certification
Are you interested in becoming a professional CanPowerSkate coach? The CBS Skating Club is actively recruiting CanPowerSkate coaches to help grow our hockey & ringette program. If you are interested, please contact our club by email at email@example.com and we would be happy to further discuss the program and necessary qualifications with you.
Here are the current requirements to become a certified coach:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be a current registered Skate Canada associate member.
- Must hold a valid First Aid certificate (updated every three years).
- Completed the NCCP Introduction to Competition Part A multi-sport modules successfully.
- Figure Skating Pathway Entry:Completed the NCCP Instruction Stream – Beginner workshop (CanSkate) equivalent or higher.
- Hockey Pathway Entry:Completed the NCCP Community Sport Coach Stream workshop (Coach 1 – Intro to Coach or Coach 2 – Coach Level) equivalent or higher.
- Ringette Pathway Entry: Completed the NCCP Community Sport Coach Stream workshop (Community Sport-initiation) equivalent or higher.
- Successfully complete the two-day CanPowerSkate course.
- Complete a Skate Canada-approved police clearance check and positions of trust check.
Evaluation Requirements to obtain “CanPowerSkate Coach” Status
- Pass CanPowerSkate coach’s exam.
- Pass on-ice practice teaching lesson.
- Complete the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) if not already completed successfully in the Skate Canada, Hockey Canada, or Ringette Canada coaching workshops.
- Complete the Making Ethical Decisions (MED) on-line evaluation available on CAC’s website.