Please see the following announcement:
Notice of Annual General Meeting
CBS Skating Club
Monday, June 21st at 7:00pm
To be held in an online format. Link and instructions to register will be sent in a separate email and posted on the Club’s Website under the AGM Section. ELECTION OF OFFICERS TO BE HELD.
Details on volunteer positions, voting at the AGM and amendments to the Constitution and By-laws are described below.
This is your Club and your voice is welcome, please join us!
Volunteer Positions – The Value of One. The Power of Many.
Please consider volunteering your time; position descriptions are attached.
Nominations for Board Positions are being accepted for the following positions:
- President (2 year term)
- Vice President (replacement 1 year of term)
- Secretary (2 year term)
- Events Director (1 year term)
- Club Development Director (1 year term)
- Program Director (1 year term)
If you are interested in one of these positions send the following information email@example.com by June 18 at 7pm
- Nominees name and email address
- Nominators name and email address
- Position title
- Short description about the Nominee
The following volunteer positions are also up for nomination. Nominations can be taken sent prior to the AGM or taken from the floor.
- Finance Committee members
- Synchro Program Parent Coordinator
- CanSkate Program Parent Coordinator
- STARSkate and Competitive Program Parent Coordinator
- Skater Development Coordinator and Committee members
- Assessment Coordinator and Committee members
- Fundraising Coordinator and Committee members
- Fundraising Treasurer and Committee members
- Public Relations Coordinator and Committee members
- Volunteer Coordinator and Committee members
- Ice Show Coordinator and Committee members
- Competition Coordinator and Committee members
- Respect in Sport Advocate
- Respect in Sport Coordinator and Committee members
Also, up for renewal, as decided by the club coaches by an electronic vote:
- Coaches Representative
- Athletics Representative
Synchro Team Managers and Team Treasurers are up for renewal. Request for volunteers will be sent when programs begin in the Fall.
If you have any questions about any of these positions we will be hosting a virtual Volunteer Information sessions on Monday, June 7th at 8:30pm (Login details will be sent in a separate email) or questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voting at the AGM
The following people are eligible to vote (with the restriction that each person can only cast one ballot):
- An Individual member (non-skating member who has paid fees and is over 18 years of age);
- An Active member (skater over 18 years of age);
- A Special Member (a parent of an active member under the age of 18); and
- Club Coaches.
Amendments to the Constitution and By-laws
The Board is not proposing any Amendments to the Constitution and By-laws. Members have until Monday, June 7 to submit amendments. If any proposed amendments, they will be available on the Club Website under the AGM section on Monday June 14.
CBS Skating Club